One of the biggest challenges when developing an industrial computer is to provide a product that can work in harsh environment. Factors like dusty air, heat damage, and debris can take a real toll on the systems, and due to this, computers tend to work slower. These things greatly affect the performance of an organization. Fanless computers are made to cope up with this situation as these systems will deliver excellent thermal controls, noise free applications, and energy efficiency.
How effectively computers work
Before jumping on its benefits, have a look at how fanless design systems work. Heat is considered to be the greatest dangers which affect the efficiency of the system. Industrial applications are in demand and, it requires much energy and when the energy is lost. Further, it tends to transform into heat and decreases the performance of a computer system. Fans are installed in the systems just to get rid of this situation, which invites harmful particles to reside in the system. Therefore, fanless systems are made as they can expel heat more efficiently than the previous ones.
Benefits of fanless industrial computers
- Lower power functionality
Top quality industrial computers are also streamlined and are also equipped with the latest in low-power processor technology. This ensures to keep the power consumption to the minimum without compromising quality as well as functionality. Processors like Ivy Bridge are also making a plan to reduce power consumption.
- Greater reliability
As fans are one of the major causes of failure as they are sensitive to environmental conditions and sensitive to heat, it affects the entire system. Therefore, cooling fans were replaced by fanless systems and they have greatly enhanced the reliability and lifetime of the computer.
- Energy efficient
Most of the computers have 3 to 4 fans in total, and it draws around 3 to 5 Watt of power. When it comes to the industrial computers, they use a heatsink chassis design that draws the heat without using fans. This method has reduced the amount of energy consumed to operate the system, which is its biggest advantage.
- Quiet operation
One of the great benefits of fanless systems is that they do not make noise and works quietly. Fans used to tackle the cooling task, which is now taken care by an alternative cooling system. These types of computer systems are preferred in the places like laboratories and libraries where they want pin drop silence.
Embedded industrial systems are used in a harsh environment that usually exposes them to the harsher conditions. But since the fanless systems are introduced, these things have taken their place to the bay.
- These systems are easier to seal as compared to the larger computer systems. These systems require custom mounting and can be fitted into the smaller cases.
- They require less power as compared to the desktop systems as fanless systems require fewer power supplies, which in turn emits less heat. This further reduces the need for
- These types of systems are well suited to industrial applications as they are quite easier to seal against some elements.
- It has fewer moving parts and features internal connections, which reduces the chances of anything going wrong in the personal computers.
- Fanless systems are more robust and are more suitable for the conditions where they are exposed to the elements. These systems will last for a long time, and the other bonus point is that they require very less maintenance.
Industrial computers play a vital role in the industrial environment. Fanless systems are more compact and have an array of advantages which has made them one of the most efficient systems in the world of technology.